QuickBooks is a robust accounting application helping businesses all over the globe to manage overall finance and business-related activities. Intuit offers two versions of QuickBooks, i.e., Online and Desktop. QuickBooks Online being a cloud application, is free of several errors that QuickBooks Desktop encounters. One such issue that QuickBooks Desktop users face is problems running the application where QuickBooks won’t open. If you are also dealing with a situation where QuickBooks Desktop just did not respond when you launched it, keep reading the article until the end for detailed information on the reasons and solutions.
If you are running out of time and need immediate help getting your QuickBooks Desktop fixed, dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert now
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Top Reasons why QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open
There could be a number of reasons why your QuickBooks application doesn’t respond, and most of them are related to the faults in the application itself. Here is a list of the most common reasons due to which QuickBooks Desktop stops responding.
- If the QuickBooks Desktop application is not installed correctly or some crucial installation files are missing from the installation directory.
- If the size of the company file is enormous, QuickBooks might take some time to load and sometimes it won’t load the company file if your system has a low configuration.
- There is damage in the QuickBooks company file or program files.
So these were some common reasons that can cause issues running QuickBooks on your system. Try following the solutions given below for a quick fix.
Top Solutions to Get QuickBooks Desktop Fixed
From this section of article we have explained each solutions step of QuickBooks won’t open error carefully.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Quick Fix My Program Tool
- To run the Quick Fix My Program tool to repair general program errors, you must install QuickBooks Tool Hub first.
- Once you have installed the Tool Hub application, run it and move to the Program Problems tab.
- Select Quick Fix my Program tool and select the appropriate options to run the tool.
- Try to run QuickBooks and check if this resolves the error.
Solution 2: Compress the Company File
Compress or condense is the process where we use the condense data utility to reduce the size of company file without deleting a single transaction and steps mention below as:
- If the size of your file is in GBs, then you must consider compressing it.
- Click the File tab and select Condense Data from under the utilities drop-down to compress the company file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the compression process.
- Try to run QuickBooks now and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Installation
Note: It is highly advisable that while you are using the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, Keep your QuickBooks license details and take a backup of your QBW file in case the QuickBooks company file.
- Start with downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub from its official source and Install it right away.
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub once again and move to the Installation Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it using the instructions on the screen.
- Try to run QuickBooks once again to see if you have successfully resolved the error.
If you still can’t open QuickBooks, it must be because of some corruption in the company file data or damage in software program. So that circumstance you must contact QuickBooks support at 1-855-856-0042 and ask an expert to help you get rid of the issue, due to which your QuickBooks won’t open.
Related article to read : QuickBooks Error 1625