“QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” is an error message that can indicate that QuickBooks Database Server Manager that is required to create a connection with the company file is currently not running, due to which QuickBooks can’t open the company file. QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a tool that allows users to connect with the company file and let them scan it on the server computer. If the crucial component qbdbmgrn of QuickBooks stops working for some reason, every operation in multi-user mode goes on hold and If you are also dealing with such an error in the QuickBooks program and seek for precise troubleshooting instructions, follow this article until the end.
If you don’t want to risk your data and QuickBooks installation by troubleshooting the error on your own, call QuickBooks support number 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert now
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6144 82
What could have Possibly Triggered QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error?
There could be a number of reasons that can trigger errors while accessing the company file in multi-user mode in QuickBooks, and QuickBooks database server manager being stopped is one of them. Here is a list of all other reasons that can trigger QBDBMgrN error in QuickBooks:
- If the QuickBooks Desktop application that you are using is outdated.
- If you are running QuickBooks without administrative rights.
- The firewall installed on your PC is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the company file.
As we have now understood the reasons that can trigger the “QBDBMgrN not running in this computer” error, let’s discuss the reasons that will help us rectify them.
Let’s Fix “QBDBMgrN Stopped Working” Error
Solutions 1: Re-Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click the Windows Start button and search QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the search bar.
- Select the database server manager app from the list of programs and once it is up and running, select the Scan option.
- The tool will scan all the company files stored on the server.
- Select the one that you want to open, and now try to open it in QuickBooks.
If the error continues to bother you, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop and Run QuickBooks with Administrative Rights
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop application and select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the Admin account’s credentials if prompted and hit Enter.
- Now click the Help tab and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Update Now tab and choose Get Updates.
- Restart the QuickBooks once the updates downloaded.
- Re-run it as an administrator and try to access the company file now.
Solution 3: Use the Tool hub to Diagnose Network and company file
Network Diagnose tool will help to diagnose the company file as well as network, Through it automatic tool and step mention below as:
- First and foremost you need to download the latest release version of QuickBooks tool hub from it’s official website.
- Once File download, After that install the program by choosing the express installation.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub by just double clicking on the Toolhub icon.
- In the Home window of Tool hub, Select the company file issue Tab.
- Next, Choose the file doctor, and Then Choose the Network and Company File diagnose option.
- This will take around 10 to 20 minutes to complete the diagnose process.
- Once the process ends, You need to go back and start the QuickBooks and check qbdbmgrn not running error is appearing or not.
As a last troubleshooting procedure, you can try reconfiguring Windows Firewall to allow QuickBooks to access the company file saved on the server computer. In case if “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” error reappears, you must contact the QuickBooks support team for better technical help and assistance troubleshooting the error.
Related article to read: QuickBooks has stopped working