If you want multiple users to access the company file simultaneously, then multi-user mode must be activated on the server where the file is saved, and all other workstations must be running in single-user mode. If this type of setup is not followed, then a user might encounter a number of errors, including QuickBooks error 6190. This is a common company file error in QuickBooks that can affect all users in the network. Here in this article, we will be discussing the most common reasons for such an error to appear and some quick solutions that you can implement to rectify the issue in the shortest time possible.
facing error 6190 with your QuickBooks Desktop, If so then you can follow the given article link which is capable to make you understand How to fix QuickBooks error 6190, However if you are looking to fix it quickly, Then place a call at +1-855-856-0042.
Highly Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Top Reasons that Triggers Error 6190 in QuickBooks
Down-below we have curated a perfect list of every reason that trigger error 6190 in QuickBooks.
- Having an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Corruption in some crucial QuickBooks installation files like .ND and .TLG.
- Running QuickBooks without having the admin credentials or rights to perform any action in QuickBooks.
- Improper hosting settings is also one of the most common reasons for the occurrence of the error.
Resolving the causes mentioned above won’t take anything more than 10 minutes if you follow the instructions below.
Top Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Company File Error 6190
Solution 1: Download and Install the Latest Updates of your QuickBooks Desktop application
- Run QuickBooks and click the Help tab to get the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Select it, and QuickBooks will display the Update QuickBooks window.
- Click the Update Now tab and select Get Updates.
- Once the updates are downloaded, exit QuickBooks and open it once again.
- When you get the update prompt, click Install Updates.
- You can try again to open the company file in order to rectify the error is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Repair the Corruption in QuickBooks Installation Files
- Using Windows File Explorer, move to the QuickBooks Installation Folder.
- Right-click the files having .ND and .TLG extensions with the same name as your company file.
- Select Rename and add some text at the end of the file name.
- After saving the changes, try to open the company file once again.
- If the error continues to bother you, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks with Admin Rights
- Right-click QuickBooks Desktop and select the Run as Administrator option.
- If prompted, enter the credentials of the admin account.
- Try to access the company file now and to check whether the error fix or not.
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks file doctor to repair Company file
If you are having the error 6190 while opening the company file and follow all above mentioned solutions, well You can use the File doctor in order to resolve the annoying QuickBooks desktop error code 6190.
- Download and Install the Tool Hub adequately.
- Now, Start the Tool Hub as other Windows program and There select the company file issue tab.
- In company file issue tab select the file doctor program and There choose repair network and File.
- It will may take approx 10 to 15 minutes to diagnose and repair the error.
- Now quit the File doctor program and go back check to open the company file.
You will also need to ensure that multi-user hosting is enabled only on the server computer and all other systems are running in single-user mode. If the error is not resolved using the solutions mentioned in this article and you are still getting QuickBooks error 6190, then you must contact QuickBooks support at 1-855-856-0042 for quick help and technical assistance.
Similar article to read: QuickBooks has Stopped Working