QuickBooks Error 6143 is one such error that generally occurs when there is some issues in your company file. It generally occurs due to the corrupt data files available in your system. There also might be problem of corrupted company data which grew with time to lead to this error. The error code 6143 can also occur due to the damaged installation of QuickBooks software. With this blog, we have discussed the reason of the 6143 error and consequently methods to resolve the issue.
Description of error code 6143 in QuickBooks
Error Code 6143 in QuickBooks appears while the user tries to access the company file or perform tasks related to it. The error can appear if the company file has spaces at the end, just before the extension of the file. The major reasons for the error usually come up to one point, that is issue of company file. The company file in QuickBooks is where all the tasks are performed and risking it won’t be a wise choice always. It is therefore recommended that if you are stuck at troubleshooting it manually, consider taking help from QuickBooks Professionals at 1.800.579.0391.
What Is reasone to facing QuickBooks error 6143
QuickBooks Error 6143 occurred due to many reasons. It can come due to a malfunction in the company file. it was happened due to incomplete or damaged installation. can be occurred due to a corrupt system file. or maybe occurred when anyone delete or corrupted entire files in the windows registry
Troubleshooting steps to quick fix Error 6143 in QuickBooks
One by one, follow through the troubleshooting methods to get the Error 6143 in QuickBooks resolved for you. It is important to perform each step carefully so that the damage to the company file, if any, won’t result in complete data loss of your company.
You May Also Read – QuickBooks Error 6094
Open QuickBooks Company File Locally
Open the company file in your local workstation and test if there is an issue with the location of the file or not. Copy the company file to the desktop from its initial location and then try to open it. If it opens then the location where the company file is stored is damaged. You will need to create a new folder and move the file to the new location. If the error still persists then the file might be damaged.
- Go to the folder where the company file is stored.
- Locate the .qbw file extension and right click on the same.
- From the drop down list, click on Copy and then go to the desktop to save a copy of company file there.
- Press CTRL + V to paste the file on the desktop.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Click on Open or restore an existing company file.
Move the Company File to the Workstation
- Open QuickBooks installation folder on the server and copy the company file to a removable storage device like a USB storage device.
- Plug-in the UDB drive on the workstation that is experiencing the error.
- Paste the company file on the system and open QuickBooks.
- Now open the company file from the local storage of the computer.
The methods listed above remove the QuickBooks Error 6143 from root and helps you to access the company file yet again. We ask you to usually try resolving issue manually, but when it comes to company file. which is the working wheel of QuickBooks, the risk is major. You may contact us via 1.800.579.0391 for instant help . This will ensure that the professionals handle your data and there is no loss which can happen due to negligence.