Errors related to H-Series are mostly related to multi-user mode in QuickBooks. The appearance of such errors is noted when a user tries to access the company file, which is saved on the server computer. If we talk about the reasons, improper hosting configuration tops the list, which can be fixed without much effort. We have prepared this article to discuss one such error in QuickBooks that appears with error code H505. Along with the solutions, we have also discussed the reasons that can trigger issues accessing the company file in multi-user mode. For a more detailed explanation of the error, keep reading the complete article until the end.
Having an uninterrupted connection with the company file is the first priority of a user working with QuickBooks, and error H505 can bring all the operations to a halt. If you are also one of the users dealing with such an issue in the application, dial +1 800-579-9430 and get in touch with a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert now
Here’s a List of Reasons that Trigger Error H505 in QuickBooks
Apart from having misconfigured hosting settings, here’s a list of all other reasons that are responsible for prompting error code H505 in QuickBooks:
- Due to an improperly set up network, the workstation PC cannot connect to the host PC.
- The Firewall installed on either the workstation or server is interrupting the connection with the company file.
- Company File Damage could lead the error code H505 in workstation.
- Damage in software also lead the error in QuickBooks.
As you know what could trigger the error message H505 in QuickBooks, let’s quickly jump to the next part, where we will discuss the solutions to rectify it in the shortest time possible.
Quick Solutions to Remove QuickBooks Error Message H505
Solution 1: Reconfigure Hosting Settings on Server and the Workstation
- First, run QuickBooks on the server computer and click the File tab in it.
- Now go to the Utilities drop-down and ensure QuickBooks runs in Multi-User Mode, and the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option is highlighted.
- If not, click the “Host Multi-User Access” option and enable the hosting on the server computer.
- Now run QuickBooks on every workstation and make sure none of them is set to host the company file.
- Try to access the company file now and check this fixed the error.
You may also read QuickBooks Error 80070057
Solution 2: Test Network Connectivity
- Press Windows + R on the workstation where you are getting the error.
- Type CMD in the run box and hit Enter.
- Now type PING (Server IP Address) without brackets and hit Enter.
- Check if all the packets sent to the server are received by it.
- If you see a packet loss, you will need to consult your IT professional for help resolving network issues first.
Solution 3: Employ the Clean install Tool
This solutions is meant to help you to eliminate the QuickBooks error H505 but before you begin the process of clean install make sure, take the backup of QuickBooks company file as well as the license details, Then proceed underneath mentioned for the clean install process.
- Go to the control panel by just pressing the windows button, then search for control panel and click the control panel icon.
- Now, Go in program & feature.
- In Program and feature select the QuickBooks and follow the on-screen instruction to wiped-out the all data related to QuickBooks.
- Now, Reinstall the QuickBooks either using the CD or download the QuickBooks program setup.
- Check, Is your QuickBooks free from Error H505 or still showing
Note: If you face Error code from 13XX series then you can contact QuickBooks in order to resolve the issue with ease
As the final solution, you can try to add QuickBooks to the Firewall’s incoming and outgoing ports. If none of the above helped you resolve QuickBooks Error H505, dial +1 800-579-9430 and consult a certified professional for advanced troubleshooting help and guidance.
if you facing QuickBooks balance sheet error then you need to read this QuickBooks balance sheet out of balance