Choosing the colors for your wedding are more than just going with the trends or going with your favorite one. Colors evoke emotion and say a lot about your wedding style. Your wedding colors set the mood and bring an added meaning to your special day. Below you’ll learn the meaning of common colors and the psychology associated with them.
- Red – Red is stimulating and exciting. This color adds drama and draws attention to itself. Red is often used in restaurants or dining room as it is said to stimulate the appetite. Use red as one of your wedding colors if you would like to increase enthusiasm, stimulate the energy of the crowd, or evoke a sense of protection from anxiety or stress.
- Orange – Orange is a dichotomous color – most people either love it or hate it. Innately though, orange adds warmth and brings a sense of fun wherever it shows up. Like red, orange is said to stimulate the appetite. It also helps encourage socialization – which is great at the reception!
Visit Us At Dreamz Wedding Planner
- Yellow – Yellow adds cheer and happiness to any occasion. It brings with it a sense of optimism and lightness. Choose yellow if you would like to encourage communication or would like a color that is mentally stimulating at your wedding.
- Green – Green is the favorite color of many, second only to blue. The most abundant color in the natural world, green evokes a sense of calm and relaxation. Green is also said to help alleviate depression and anxiety. Use green in your wedding color palate if you want to exude harmony and peace on your day.
- Blue – As stated above, blue is the most popular “favorite color” of all of the colors. Blue is typically seen as a calming, serene color. Think of water and how it can produce feelings of tranquility – blue is associated with this feeling. Blue also stands for trustworthiness and commitment. Compared to red, orange and yellow, blue is a cool color and if chosen, will add to the ambience of your wedding if chosen.
- Purple – The combination of red and blue, purple is both uplifting and calming. It is often associated with spirituality, creativity, and royalty. Use purple in your wedding palate to bring the feeling of romance, enchantment and whimsy to your day.
- Pink – The combination of red and white, pink is the color of sweetness and love. Pink will induce feelings of caring, tenderness, love and acceptance. It also encourages relaxation and contentment.
- White – White symbolizes purity, clarity, and new beginnings—making it perfectly clear that it is tradition for brides to wear white gowns.
- Black – Black is the color of sophistication and mystery. This color brings with it the feeling of potential and possibility. Black is perfect for formal evening weddings since it transcends time with its classic style.
- Brown – Brown is the color of earth and symbolizes stability and the natural world. Brown makes us feel grounded and connected to nature. When used in conjunction with brighter colors, it serves as an anchor making the palette more balanced.
- For an intimate and meaningful way to honor the special women in your life at your wedding, create your bouquet out of their favorite flowers. Have the bridesmaids hold a bouquet of the flower they chose for your bouquet. And have the other women, like the Moms, Grandmas, Aunts, etc, wear corsages of the bloom they selected as their favorite. This is a symbolic way to show the women in your life that you will carry the relationship you have with each of them through your married life as well.I have a couple ideas to go about doing this.
Gather a list of favorite flowers from the women you’d like to include for this unique bouquet. Keep your mission a secret and surprise them with their choice flower corsage or bouquet on the day of the wedding. And make the explanation for this be a part of the ceremony!
Another way would be to make a “flower arrangement making” party of it. Ask each lady to bring with them a bunch of stems of their favorite flower. You need to supply the other items, like:
Hopefully you’ll find a color or color combination that not only you like, but also expresses your wedding personality.
Also Read: Wedding Planners in Jaipur